Welcome to My Continuing Online Journey!

Perhaps you've read my book by now, or maybe you've only heard of it and were curious about me, or maybe you're even just surfing the web and happened on one of my posts, but please take your time and wander around. I've got enough to say, I'll be posting for some years yet! Lots of resources, personal entries, and discussion to be had; please contribute (respectfully) to it without fear of being lambasted. (Read: all comments will be moderated for relevance and basic appropriateness.) Finally, if you are here because you have heard my story or one like it and are willing to lend your support to us indoctrinated folk entering the real world, Thank You. With love, Regina

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mark E. Petersen's talk, 1954

Yesterday was a talk by Boyd K. Packer that threatened LDS teachers to only teach the approved, happy lies of the church. Today I offer you a talk from apostle Mark E. Petersen given at BYU in 1954 that is so unbelievably racist, I have few words for it. Let's just jump in, shall we?

Turns out it's nearly impossible to post anything from a church website, so please go here. You can either download or print the talk, but either option leaves you with that disgusting, vile, miserable piece of crap on your computer, or as a hard copy you have to shred...and then burn to ashes.

Comments, anyone? Because I'd love to hear the same, tired old "speaking as a man and not a seer" argument. Let rip, people! 

3 comments:

  1. This is insane. As a 30 year old born and raised in the Mormon church I knew about the Black and the Priesthood, vaguely. But I for some reason convinced myself the leaders were just "waiting for the right time" to even everything out. I had NO idea they were openly saying that people were born to different races/countries because of sins before they were born. WTF?? I've already reached the point of no return, but every day seems to push me further and further past it. It's devastating in many ways, but also I'm SO glad to be free of it. Oy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems nothing outside the POLITICALLY CORRECT world today is acceptable. We must be careful not to bend towards anything other than obeying our Heavenly Father. We have but two purposes on this planet...SERVE AND GLORIFY GOD. Everything we do has to please God! If God said it...He meant it and THAT IS IT! He has his reasons. We can pray for Truth and Understanding to come upon us, but His word is final! AMEN
    T.H. "Golden-Bear" Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how you can maintain such a racist view when we live in a world of evidence that points to the order of evolution of man? I wonder also how you can defend such racism when it flies in the face of rationality and human kindness? You demand obedience to a monster-god, which god makes himself known by helping first world housewives find their car keys, but doesn't actually show his face and "say" anything. If god has his reasons, his reasons are obscene...but everything thus far credited to god has been amply proved to have come from men, so I can't hold it against god...and wouldn't, because I'm over believing in him when people like you defend him with "arguments" like these.

      Delete

I will approve all respectful and appropriate comments to this blog. However, if your comment does not get approved, please keep in mind I am busy running a household and cannot respond excessively. Thank you.