Welcome to My Continuing Online Journey!

Perhaps you've read my book by now, or maybe you've only heard of it and were curious about me, or maybe you're even just surfing the web and happened on one of my posts, but please take your time and wander around. I've got enough to say, I'll be posting for some years yet! Lots of resources, personal entries, and discussion to be had; please contribute (respectfully) to it without fear of being lambasted. (Read: all comments will be moderated for relevance and basic appropriateness.) Finally, if you are here because you have heard my story or one like it and are willing to lend your support to us indoctrinated folk entering the real world, Thank You. With love, Regina

Monday, March 18, 2013

Publishing To-Dos

Boy, how quickly we forget! Self-publishing is ROUGH STUFF. All I want is to get my book out there, share my story with the world, and help the unindoctrinated understand the plight of the indoctrinated-leaving-their-indoctrination...and it's taking a bit of time.

That's just fine, of course, but I feel like I've been sitting on this for MONTHS waiting for agents to respond. (That's another blog entry in and of itself.) Now that I know I'm self-publishing, I feel like I have a MOUNTAIN of things to do. What sort of things to do? Well...I'll show you!

  1. Re-edit (nearly finished)
  2. Re-proof (also nearly finished by my proofer, to whom I send pages as I finish re-editing)
  3. Kickstarter...to help cover the costs of my proofer, cover artist, etc.
  4. Re-formatting...for createspace, smashwords, KDP, and espressnet
  5. Order and wait on a cover
  6. Create a facebook page
  7. Create a Twitter account
  8. Work on this blog
  9. Upload to all the places listed in point 4 (and wait for approval)
  10. Order and mail out createspace copies for kickstarter contributors
  11. Establish giveaways and "share contests" on facebook, twitter, and this blog
  12. Market, market, market
Gee whiz, I already feel like I need a nap! Anyway, I'll keep you all updated as the process continues, offer links to kickstarter for those willing to help with the (very sparse) self-pub costs, and links to the book on twitter, facebook, amazon, createspace, kdp, smashwords, b&n, espressnet, kobo, itunes...you name it. Hang tight, and thank you for your patience and support!

Much love, Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will approve all respectful and appropriate comments to this blog. However, if your comment does not get approved, please keep in mind I am busy running a household and cannot respond excessively. Thank you.