Welcome to My Continuing Online Journey!

Perhaps you've read my book by now, or maybe you've only heard of it and were curious about me, or maybe you're even just surfing the web and happened on one of my posts, but please take your time and wander around. I've got enough to say, I'll be posting for some years yet! Lots of resources, personal entries, and discussion to be had; please contribute (respectfully) to it without fear of being lambasted. (Read: all comments will be moderated for relevance and basic appropriateness.) Finally, if you are here because you have heard my story or one like it and are willing to lend your support to us indoctrinated folk entering the real world, Thank You. With love, Regina

Thursday, March 14, 2013

An Announcement to All Those I've Wronged.

We all make mistakes and have regrets. I would say that we are all sinners, but frankly, I'm not entirely certain I believe in the concept of "sin" as such anymore, so I can't say that with any degree of earnestness.

I have a guilt complex...an extreme guilt complex. I'm not exactly sure where it came from - I have my suspicions - but suffice it to say that my guilt complex exists, and it is extreme. I tend to feel the weight of my mistakes and regrets a bit more intensely than other people, and I have fought my entire life for the ability to forgive myself and forget...or at least to move on.

But I am willing to admit my mistakes. I have seldom done anything maliciously, but mistakes and regrets are still mistakes and regrets, and I'm trying to accept them, forgive myself, make my amends, and move on.

This post is, therefore, an announcement to all those I've wronged during the course of my 30-some years on this earth. I feel a need to leave no business unfinished, and I'd like to take this opportunity to finish it.

If I have wronged you in any way, shape, or form, whether or not I'm aware of it, remember it, or have apologized insufficiently for it, please accept my wholehearted and sincere apology for anything I said, did, or didn't say or do. If this apology will not suffice and you'd like a more personal apology, please contact me, let me have it, and I will explain myself and apologize appropriately, as required.

More importantly, please know that the woman I am today is not the woman (hopefully!) who offended or hurt you, however I managed to accomplish that. I am growing, changing, developing, and finding my place in the real world, and BOY!, is it a struggle. That said, part of becoming better is recognizing your faults and converting them into newly-developed strengths. That is my goal, and I can assure you that I am driven to become more than I was.

Sorry, I was reading Caroline Myss's Anatomy of the Spirit last night, and just wanted to utilize this blog to help me finish up any unfinished business. :) All my best to you all! (And my apologies wherever they're owed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will approve all respectful and appropriate comments to this blog. However, if your comment does not get approved, please keep in mind I am busy running a household and cannot respond excessively. Thank you.