Welcome to My Continuing Online Journey!

Perhaps you've read my book by now, or maybe you've only heard of it and were curious about me, or maybe you're even just surfing the web and happened on one of my posts, but please take your time and wander around. I've got enough to say, I'll be posting for some years yet! Lots of resources, personal entries, and discussion to be had; please contribute (respectfully) to it without fear of being lambasted. (Read: all comments will be moderated for relevance and basic appropriateness.) Finally, if you are here because you have heard my story or one like it and are willing to lend your support to us indoctrinated folk entering the real world, Thank You. With love, Regina

Sunday, August 25, 2013

10 Reasons to Protect Your Children from Mormonism

A woman from our ward sent an email the other day "because she was concerned about my kids." She actually said, and I quote, "I hope you're still teaching them that the gospel is true, even though you may not believe it anymore." 

................. Well, of COURSE I am, lady! I mean, why would I teach them to think for themselves, to reason logically, and to test out the efficacy of Joseph/Brigham/Thomas's claims when I could just teach them to believe? I mean, I clearly don't believe it, but that doesn't make it untrue! 

So after noting the above on facebook, I then wrote the following: "Gee whiz. What the heck do you say to that?"

The replies were hysterical, mostly stating that I should've told her to kiss off, but one gent sent a fabulous link that I HAD to share. This is from the blog of one Chris Tolworthy, who himself notes at the top that most of his blog entries were back during his "angry" phase of disaffection, but it makes this particular entry no less awesome.

Check it out HERE, and for heaven's sake, protect your kids from Mormonism!!!

1 comment:

  1. "I hope you're still teaching them that the gospel is true, even though you may not believe it anymore."

    Seriously? Why would you want to teach your kids to believe in something you don't? I mean, Santa Claus is one thing, but a religion that can influence every decision you will ever make and swallow your identity?

    What a dumb thing for someone to say.

    I'd never seen that link before, either, it was quite a read!

    ReplyDelete

I will approve all respectful and appropriate comments to this blog. However, if your comment does not get approved, please keep in mind I am busy running a household and cannot respond excessively. Thank you.